Safe School Climate Lessons
FEMA - Disaster Assistance
While working to enroll and stabilize children and youth into school, we are here to advise families coming from Puerto Rico or the US Virgin Islands of the role of the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) and its mission to provide access to disaster information and disaster assistance.
The Connecticut Department of Emergency Services and Public Protection, Division of Emergency Management and Homeland Security recommends that families be advised to:
- Register with FEMA
- Update their mailing address to Connecticut
- Appeal any original FEMA denial
Key messages to families:
- Call 211 and press 5 for hurricane evacuee assistance.
- Register with FEMA at www.disasterassistance.gov or FEMA Assistance Line at 1-800-621-3362. Contact FEMA with CT address and check on status of application. Appeal any denial.
- 211 Resource Guide is available in Spanish and English online at http://uwc.211ct.org/maria/
Aug 27, 2018 12:00 AM to Aug 27, 2018 11:59 PM
Add to Calendar